Each year across Ottawa and Eastern Ontario thousands of people enjoy spending time in the summer months on recreational boats, yachts and jet skis. Unfortunately, many people suffer serious injuries or death when these activities are carried out in an unsafe manner.
If a boating accident was the result of someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries. Examples of possible negligence include the following:
- Failing to pay attention to other boats and swimmers.
- Operating a defective boat.
- Operating a boat under the influence of alcohol or drugs or while lacking sleep.
- Boating with restricted vision.
- Operating a boat without a valid license.
- Failing to have life jackets available.
- Boating at excessive rates of speed.
- Operating a boat with too many people or an excessive load of cargo.
We will investigate you case and determine who was at fault and what compensation is available. The damages you might receive include lost wages, pain and suffering, housekeeping expenses and medical or rehabilitative treatment.
Contact us for a free no obligation consultation to discuss your case.