Ottawa Product Liability Lawyer
Consumers across Ottawa and Eastern Ontario rely on products they have purchased every day. When you buy something, you rightly assume that this product is safe. Unfortunately, many people suffer illness, injury or are even killed by these products, sold to them by corporations and stores that they trusted.
If this happens to you or someone you love, you are not alone. Your family may be entitled to financial compensation for what you have been through. Find out how to get justice for your suffering when you contact an experienced Ottawa product liability lawyer at SG Injury Law.
Types of Product Liability Claims and Liability
Whether it is a car, hairdryer, helmet, toy, unsafe food, or other product; if you become sick or are injured because of an unsafe or defective consumer good, you are entitled to compensation for your injury or illness. With that being said, there are three primary types of products liability claims. These include:
- Defective manufacture – These refer to defects in the manufacture of one specific product as opposed to an entire line of products. Something went wrong in the development of this particular product that caused your injury.
- Defective design – Defective design refers to a flaw in the inherent design of the product. Every product created following this particular design may be considered defective.
- Failure to provide adequate warnings – Failure to provide adequate warning labels refers to a product that does not have a warning when a product that is used correctly could be dangerous. For example, you purchase an over-the-counter medication that did not list that the product should not be used in combination with another type of medication, this could be grounds for a product liability lawsuit if you suffered dangerous side effects.
Products liability claims can become complicated quickly due to the fact that there are so many individuals and entities involved in the design, production, and distribution of these products. Virtually anyone involved in the chain of distribution of a product can be held accountable when a defective product causes severe injury or death.
Your product liability lawyer in Ottawa will investigate the details of your case to reveal the truth and ensure that all liable parties are held accountable for their portion of fault in your insurance and tort claims.
Common Types of Defective Products
Any consumer good, product, drug, or medical device can be defective and cause serious injury to those who use it. This includes:
- Children’s products and toys
- Household products such as kitchen appliances
- Auto parts and tires
- Prescription drugs
- Medical Devices
However, the burden of proof in Ontario product liability cases rests with the plaintiff. Your Ottawa defective product lawyer must prove that the product was defective, that the defect was present when it lest the possession of the manufacturer or retailer, and that the defect caused your injuries.
Get in Touch With an Ottawa Products Liability Lawyer
Our Ottawa injury lawyers know how to handle product liability and defective product claims. From our initial investigation to retaining experts and negotiating with the insurance company, we know your rights, and they will be protected and advanced when we make your claim.
When you are ready to get started on your case, schedule your free, no-obligation consultation with a reputable Ottawa defective products and product liability lawyer at SG Injury Law. Fill out our online contact form or give our office a call at (613) 518-2416 today.