Ontario Sun Life Insurance Claim Denial Lawyer
Many people choose to purchase their short and long term disability insurance policies from Sun Life Insurance. Unfortunately, when it comes time to file claims for the short and long term disability benefits, claimants are often surprised to find that Sun Life Insurance has denied them the benefits that are rightfully theirs.
If your Sun Life Insurance claim has been denied, you may have the right to appeal their decision and gain access to the benefits you are entitled to. At SG Injury Law, our insurance claim denial lawyers have experience successfully appealing claims with Sun Life Insurance and can help you.
Choosing SG Injury Law for Your Sun Life Insurance Claim Denial Lawyer
Here are a few of the benefits you get when you choose SG Injury Law to help with your Sun Life Insurance claim denial:
- We always offer people dealing with disabilities a free, no-obligation consultation
- We only take on a few cases at a time, so we can give every person’s case the time and attention it deserves
- We have recovered millions in arbitration, damages, and settlements for our clients
Why Does Sun Life Deny Insurance Claims?
Sun Life Financial, based in Toronto, is one of the largest and oldest insurers in Canada. Through all of their insurance offerings, Sun Life has over $30 billion in revenue each year.
Some of the more common reasons Sun Life Insurance has given for denying short and long term disability claim include:
- Failure to provide necessary medical documentation
- Missing or incomplete claim applications
- Refusing to agree to be examined by Sun Life Insurance physicians
- Mistakes on your claim application
- Failure to have a qualifying disability
- Failure to pay insurance premiums in full or on time
While Sun Life Financial insurance will often deny the claims of those who have purchased short and long term disability benefits for legitimate reasons, many times these denials are in bad faith. When this happens, your Sun Life Insurance claim denial lawyer will be by your side, ready to fight for the benefits that are rightfully yours.
Steps to Take if Your Sun Life Insurance Claim Was Denied
If you filed a short or long term disability insurance claim with Sun Life Insurance, and your claim for benefits was denied, there are specific steps you can take to get your denial reversed on appeal. These include:
- First, be sure to contact an insurance claim denial lawyer to help appeal your Sun Life Insurance claim denial
- Your lawyer will carefully examine your claim denial and your initial application for benefits to determine where any errors may have been made
- Your insurance claim denial lawyer will provide any additional information needed to Sun Life Insurance, and handle the negotiations process while you focus on your health
- If Sun Life Insurance refuses to approve your claim for benefits, your long term disability lawyer will prepare to bring them to court where they can explain to a jury why they have denied you your right too short or long term disability benefits
Contact a Sun Life Insurance Claim Denial Lawyer
If Sun Life has denied your disability insurance claim, you have options. At SG Injury law, our insurance claim denial lawyers have significant experience handling long-term disability claims from all insurers, including those involving Sun Life. We can help get your LTD benefits re-instated or negotiate a lump sum settlement with Sun Life for past and future benefits. Contact us online or call (613) 518-2416 today for a free and confidential case evaluation, we charge no fees unless we successfully restore your benefits.